Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Signs2: Little Folks

 For those who love coffee like me:

Cute Little Folks

Little Folks is an abandoned amusement park on ECR near the Nemmeli Seawater Desalination Plant, which provides an alternative water source for Chennai residents. I visited Little Folks nearly 25 years ago when I was 12 years old. I came here after watching the Sealions show at the Dolphine City opposite the same.

Our actual plan then (1998) was to see the dolphin show at Dolphin City, but due to an illness that affected the dolphins, the show has canceled, and we ended up watching the Sealions performance, which was quite amusing. The dolphin city was the first of its kind of fun-filled water park in the country. Unfortunately, the dolphin city and the little folk stopped their operation in the latter years after the dolphins died. 

10 comments:

Tom said...

...a nice memory, but things fall by the wayside. There is a large amusement park in the Adirondack Mountains that I enjoy as a kid and now it's abandoned.

Jim said...

That's sad.

Destination Infinity said...

I too like that little folks arch, but have never been there. Good to know that u went there as a kid...

Destination Infinity

carol l mckenna said...

Times change ~ but bet it was great to watch the sea lions ~ namaste,

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Sounds like a nice place to visit back in the days.

Nancy Chan said...

I love coffee but it is giving me sleepless night. I hope someone would help revive the Little Folks one day. Enjoy your weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I do love my coffee. What a nice memory. It is sad to see the amusements parks abandoned.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy week!

Rose said...

That is sad...both that it is no longer in operation and really sad that the dolphins died.

Nux V said...

that's sad....hopefully when economy is better, they can revive back the amusement park.

L. D. said...

I never knew that you love coffee. I drink a lot of coffee and really enjoy it.