Saturday, April 23, 2022

Monkeys Returns


Recently, some monkeys invaded our neighborhood again after a long time. We used to live on the backstreet before moving to our current home on the 2nd main road, and we used to see a lot of monkeys doing all sorts of naughty things, but they gradually vanished before we moved. Surprisingly few monkeys occasionally visit our neighborhood and then leave after wandering for a while. 

Similar to the above, some monkeys visited our neighborhood a few weeks ago, and it appeared that they traveled through the congested wires that detract from the attractiveness of our street by hanging on one side of the roadway as they made their way into our street. The image shows how it sat and walked on the wires.

The first couple of photos were taken with the camera, but the rest were snapped with my phone as soon as I spotted them. I couldn't capture any more monkeys since they went behind the trees, and I had already seen monkeys much earlier, so I wasn't interested in photographing them. A few days ago, the monkeys returned, and one of them rushed across our balcony rail, terrifying the dog who was napping on the balcony at the time. 

As I write this, I hear shooing from below the house and from the grocery store next door; possibly the monkeys were attempting to steal bananas from the shop's outside display. 

Linking this post with SATURDAY CRITTERS

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan,

Nice sighting of the monkeys. It is amazing they can walk along on those wires. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy you day and happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have some in a park near us but I've never seen them. They sure can be pesky. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Tom said...

...this sure is a sight that I will never see here!

Anu said...

Hello. Monkeys are intelligent and magnificent animals. I can see monkeys only in the zoo.

George said...

We have several pests in our neighborhood, but fortunately monkeys are not one of them!

Bill said...

Wow, that is so different from here. I feel sorry for the poor dog being scared. Thanks for sharing this interesting post.

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos of the monkeys ~ hoping for peaceful coexistence ~ namaste

Wishing you love and laughter in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy Chan said...

It is amazing how the monkeys can sit or walk on the power cables without being electrocuted. At one time we had a lone big monkey passing my garden and stealing my vegetables. Don't know what happened and it was good that we no longer see it.

Nancy Chan said...

I was having problem publishing my comment a few times. It is amazing to see the monkeys sitting or walking on the cables.

ഷൈജു.എ.എച്ച് said...

Nice...
Best wishes

Rose said...

I am glad we dont have to deal with them...do they cause any concerns for you or your family?

Nux V said...

my housing area used to have monkeys (from the nearby hill) and they came to steal our & neighbors' fruits (from trees). Nowadays, we don't plant any fruit tree because the fruits will get stolen before ripen.