Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Sign2

 

A beautiful sign points the way to an identical bungalow in Ooty, the queen of hill stations. I found this sign outside the cottage we stayed in Ooty during a visit some years ago. 


The sign (fixed to the rear bumper of the car) is the emblem of the State Government of Tamil Nadu, and the temple in the center (of the emblem) was the Srivilliputhur Andal Temple. The temple tower is one of the tallest among the temples of Tamil Nadu. The stamp on the cars means they belong to the state officials, and this one belongs to the collector of the CBE. I shot this during a visit to Valparai.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...Jeevan, you have to very different signs and they are both wonderful. Thank you!

Bill said...

Nice signs, Jeevan. I like the tree sign for the bungalow, it's pretty.

L. D. said...

Both of your visuals are great. That is a creative sign and more people should use the idea. The stamp is really intricately designed.

kestrel said...

I have heard good things of Ooty. I will be quite cautious getting into that car on 3 wheels, I think the driver needs to balance the passengers properly or the car will veer to one side!. Love the colours and embriodery on the top, subtle colours but the flowers and pattern do stand out. Hope you had a great time.

carol l mckenna said...

The sign symbol resembles and Amish symbol of the Tree of LIfe ~ and the car symbol resembles an old Fireman one that they used to have ~
Unique photos ~ Namaste ~

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Rose said...

Jeevan, Interesting signs....but I of course type in Tamil Nadu and do a google search. First I clicked images just to glance. But then I went to the map, to the satellite view. And there are so many photos to click on. I could spend hours looking.

Nancy Chan said...

I like the design in the first sign. Enjoy your weekend.