Wednesday, June 01, 2022

The Agony


All of the fingers are pointing at me  

I'm well aware of this, and 

I'm doing my best to avoid accusations, 

However, fate has chosen me as prey. 

I'm at a loss for words to describe this

How deep are the emotional wounds?

Behind my blooming smile,

The agony draws up to the roots.

It's nothing new to me.

Even though I pretend to be numb,

It still hurts, as it does most of the time, 

and stymies my lighthearted demeanor.

It may well even be an illusion.

But my emotions are real,  

And due to my inability, 

It surges and subsides immediately.


7 comments:

Tom said...

...very sad!

carol l mckenna said...

Very powerful poem ~ You are a treasure ~ love your self ~ namaste ~



Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

rudraprayaga said...

Poignant lovely lines, Ashok. Thank God, you possess magic fingers that produce powerful words and sentences/lines. At your potential, which God has showered upon you, you can very well rejoice.
Nice poem.

Nancy Chan said...

A sad poem. Forgive those who hurt because they do not understand.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

A sad poem. People's words can hurt or heal.
Take care, enjoy your day and weekend.

Rose said...

You are good at conveying your feelings.

Anonymous said...

God plan is there in the lion. God plan is there in the deer.
Lion eats the deer.
The deer believes in the God and dies understanding its fate.
I don't like grass eating mammals crying helplessly.
May lord bless you.