Tuesday, June 28, 2022

What a week!

I haven't blogged in exactly a week. Even though it hasn't been a long time, the last week has been hell for me, and even though I'm feeling a little better now, I'll need to stay on meds for a few more days to treat my UTI. 

It starts with a mild cold and progresses to a nightmare on the 21st night. The next day, it gradually turned into a slight fever, followed by urinary irritation and frequent urination. It was unmistakably a sign of a UTI (urinary tract infection). I had already taken an antibiotic for a cold, thinking it would help, but as it worsened, my father went to the doctor and was prescribed medication. 

Perhaps I should have caught a cold from my 8-month-old nephew, Kavin, who was sneezing around, and the UTI has boarded along. In 2020, during the COVID period, I experienced a similar effect that lasted more than a week and required five injections to get rid of the infection. 

Our doctor wasn't in the city this time, but dad called him and got me medicine on his advice and took a urine culture test to determine the infection. The lab test took three days to complete, and the doctor arrived on the same day to prescribe different medications and three injections. I finished one today and have two more on hold. The injection location on my waist has gotten uncomfortable, and the other two have made me nervous. 

The previous week has been indescribable. When my urine became purple in a few instances, I knew it was a severe infection, and I knew it wasn't an easy pass like the urine itself. I'm hoping to feel better soon, and I couldn't concentrate on anything because my thoughts were preoccupied with the difficulties of pissing. My frequent urination has also produced challenges for my parents, who are my primary source of assistance in my daily life. For both, life becomes stressful. I hope things return to normalcy soon. 

I will check the blogs sooner.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you will be feeling better soon.

Sandi said...

Get well soon, Jeevan. 🎈

Bill said...

Sorry to hear about your infection, I hope you feel better soon. Take care, Jeevan.

George said...

I'm sorry to hear about your health problem, and I hope you are soon feeling better.

carol l mckenna said...

Sending you lots of distant reiki energy hugs ~ be well soon ~ Xo ~ namaste ~ Xo


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy Chan said...

So sorry about your UTI and suffering. I hope and wish you a speedy recovery, also strength and patience for your parents.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan, :=) What a lovely surprise I had when I saw you had made a comment. I am really sorry to hear how you have been suffering with UTI, a very painful condition, which you are still not completely better from. I hope it will soon clear up now after your last injections, and give you the relief you need.
My good wishes and a special hug from your friend in Portugal.

Haddock said...

having lots of fluids on a regular basis is one way to keep UTI away.
And of course things return to normalcy soon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about your infection, sounds painful.
I hope you feel better soon. Take care, have a happy new week!

Nux V said...

Get well soon! Looking forward to more posts from you.

Twilight Man said...

Oh dear. Both of us have health issues. I was away from my blog for over 2 months as I am still battling with my colorectal cancer. I had no less than 100 injections since last October till now with continued chemotherapy treatment since March. I nearly died from blood clot in March. Here I am to say Hello to you again.

Destination Infinity said...

Be positive and stay strong. The infection will go away soon. You could consider using adult diapers if there will be long gaps in between others help.