Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Signs on ECR (& health update)

The ECR is a scenic coastal road in Chennai that leads to Puducherry, and I generally traveled on it up to Mamallapuram, my ancestor's hometown. Aside from being a historically significant location for 5th-century rock-cut sculptures, I always look forward to its road trips and photo opportunities. Here are a few signs I shot from one of the trips. 

ECR Enclave 

Seawoods Cafe



P.s. My UTI (urinary tract infection) is still bothering me despite the medication I've been taking for the past few weeks. I knew it was a severe infection, but I didn't think it would linger this long. I had an abdominal scan at home today. I couldn't move out of my house because of the stormwater drain work, and even though the pit was encased by concrete, they hadn't completely covered it; I couldn't ascend down in a wheelchair. 

Our doctor assisted us in obtaining an ultrasound scan at home via a diagnosis center. I was examined by the doctor who had arrived in his car with the scanning equipment. He was a senior radiologist who was very attentive and patient with me as he inquired about my urinary problems. As he walked away, he assured me that there was nothing to worry about. His remarks were courageous, and I felt relieved. 

After reviewing the results, our doctor advised me to continue the medication for the next month because the infection in the bladder takes time to resolve. Except it's time to piss, I feel normal. I hope it passes off fast. 

7 comments:

Destination Infinity said...

Good to know ur infection is getting under control.. And it's good of the doctor to suggest home scanning.. I am sure u'll be fine in a couple of weeks.. don't worry.

Tom said...

...Jeevan, you found an interesting mix of signs!

carol l mckenna said...

Glad that infection is healing and that doctor came to your home ~ Xo ~ namaste and lots of healing hugs to you ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Some great signs there, nice captures. Hope the infection clears up soon.

George said...

I'm glad to hear the encouraging words of the doctor who gave you your scan. I hope you ae soon completely healed.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan,:=) Some interesting signs.:=) I do hope you will begin to get better in two more weeks of taking the medication. In a severe infection it does take longer to heal.
All the best.:=)

Nancy Chan said...

Great signs. Glad you were able to get a scan done at home. Encouraging words from the doctor. Wish you a speedy full recovery.