Friday, November 11, 2022

Palavakkam Beach and Skywatch!

It had been a long time since I visited Palavakkam Beach in ECR, which I frequented once. When we were staying in our apartment flat in Thiruvanmiyur, I visited Palavakkam Beach and spent a lot of time lost in thought; whenever I felt like visiting the beach, I would go there, and it was the quietest beach with fewer people at the time.

Although Thiruvanmiyur Beach, also known as Thiruvalluvar Nagar Beach, was close to us then, I preferred Palavakkam Beach for its quiet, private atmosphere. When we shifted to Kottivakkam, we got very close to the beach, but I didn't go as often as I would like when we stayed in Thiruvanmiyur, and subsequent house moves increased the distance. 

Palavakkam Beach, now the fourth most significant beach in Chennai after Marina, Elliots, and Thiruvanmiyur has recently gained popularity. I had only gone to Palavakkam Beach a couple of times in the previous five years, and it wasn't the same with merchants, and the crowds had increased. 

I spent much time alone when my father left me in the car to go for a walk on the beach, and I was inspired to write poems and study things happening around me. I enjoyed the Palavakkam beach for two reasons: the stunning sunset and the moon rising over the sea, casting a silvery shadow. I went to the beach on three consecutive full moon evenings with moonrise, and the couples sitting on the sand occasionally slipped under its shadow, which I photographed a few times. 

I went to Palavakkam Beach the day before Deepavali (anticipated seeing some fireworks - but only deception remains), which greeted me with nostalgic memories of moments spent there and with loved ones; the heart longs for those times, which appear like a distant shore in the sea that is unreachable. The sky, and beach photos, you see here were shot on the same day. 

Linking this post with Skywatch Friday

13 comments:

Joyful said...

Beautiful beach scenes and I love the colour in the last sky photo.

ashok said...

Nice place

Andree said...

It's so hard confronting memories and finding the time has past, never to be re-visited. It's why I usually avoid those places. I hope you have had some resolution and peace with the memories.

Terra said...

I like your thoughts recalling visits to beaches and seeing how they change.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sorry that your beach has gotten more crowded over the years, but it still looks like a beautiful place!

Tom said...

....you were able to visit the beach when dew were there. The sunset has a lovely glow.

George said...

This looks like a beautiful beach -- no wonder you like it so much. Your last photo is beautiful.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan :=)

Things change, and not always for the best. I dislike crowded beaches as much as you do, and if I had a choice, I would always choose a quiet beach I love the photos of the beach you shared.
Have a good weekend and my best wishes.:=)

Light and Voices said...

Beach scenes are my favorite. I noticed that a rider and horse was allowed on the beach. Sometimes if you go to the beach at different times or days the beaches will have less people there.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful beach photos ~ and great sky shot ~ namaste,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Things change and can never be changed back.

Still a beautiful beach.

Bill said...

Beautiful photos of the beach.

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful beach and sunset photos.