Wednesday, November 04, 2020

10 Days To Go

I’m counting the days for Deepavali. This year, November 14 is Deepavali or Diwali, and what makes it more special was, it falls on Children’s day – the birth anniversary of the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, who likes children a lot, thus this day is celebrated as Children’s day – and Deepavali is a festival more likely celebrated by the children like bursting crackers, wearing new clothes, and eating sweets. Deepavali is my favorite festival of all time, and I always look forward to this day for nothing but bursting and watching the fireworks. Kids grown up through the 90s could easily relate to what I mean and bursting how much crackers would be the task of the day and see who ends with abundant trashes in front of their homes.

In later years the loudness of crackers had become not my kind of thing, but my passion for fireworks hadn’t come down quite. The night fancy fireworks were my favorite thing from the past decade, and every year I buy fireworks, to only watch it turning my night into delightful light, and colors as someone lit fireworks on my behalf. Deepavali always surges an excitement in me and roll me down the slopes of memories of childhood, what I consider the best part of my entire life despite my belief of best is yet to come. The festival was in a real festive mood then, and the anticipations were high, to look forward to this day all the year perhaps because I was active then to ignite fireworks on my own to see it blast with great joy.

These days I almost forget this day until the day gets closer. My kind of celebration shrinks a lot at every passing year, and I was confined to my house alone rather than going around the neighborhood to enhance my festival mood by watching things happening around relevant to Deepavali. People’s interests had become varied from me, and they have their own set of activities to look after, and I don’t complain about it, and I can’t demand that they should take me out, and on these occasions, it was the cheerful memories of childhood keeps me going. It’s just 10 days to go for Deepavali, and I started to look forward to how to celebrate the festival, despite the pandemic drawback, I wish everyone had their best part of the festival.

12 comments:

ashok said...

Hope festival of light brings cheer and happiness

Tom said...

...I hope that Deepavali is an exciting time for you!

Destination Infinity said...

I was excited about this festival when I was young, but nowadays I try to avoid buying even crackers. Not always possible, though.

Destination Infinity

George said...

I hope you have a very happy, joyous festival this year.

kestrel said...

Divali won t be celebrated by my family this year as my mother in law passed away in March. It was always a huge family affair and all my in-laws returned home for lunch and gathering from breakfast till dinner. I hope you have a good family gathering and lots warmth and happiness this year

Twilight Man said...

Deepavali is a happy festive celebrations in my country too. I love to eat Indian sweet cakes and curries. So yummy!

Bill said...

Hope you have lots of enjoyment during Deepavali.

Shilpa said...

Hi Jeevan,
Advance diwali wishes to you . I really wish I was in Chennai to buy some crackers and burst . Seeing walajabad videos in youtube make me want to go and buy some big box of crackers but this is impossible now . I really wish next year I be with family in india and really have a good time . This year I am planning to buy some simple clothing ,make some gulab jamun and muruku and make a rangoli with some tea light candles . Wishing only happiness to everybody who reads this .

carol l mckenna said...

Wishing for some people to come to you and share in Deepavali festival ~ Covid has changed the world ~ so sad and isolating at times.

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope you enjoy your joyful festival.
Take care, enjoy your day! Happy weekend!

Krishna (കൃഷ്ണ) said...

This deepavali is less colorful due to COVID-19. Happy Deepavali to all

Anita said...

Ohh Iam looking forward to see pix from the festival!

Hope you will have a very good time Jeevan

Much hugs Anita