Monday, November 09, 2020

RGB Monday

A colorful Ganesh temple

Last week, I got to travel to some relative's house to present an invitation to my brother's marriage (Nov 26th) along with the parents, cousin, and uncle, and a few of them were distant relatives similarly staying at a distance of about 60 to 70 km from our location. So my parent thought that it would be an opportunity to take me out as I haven’t traveled anywhere (other than going on a half-day trip to Mamallapuram last month) since the announcement of lockdown in March. One of a relative’s house located on ECR got a colorful Ganesh temple (pic above) at the end of their road.

I hadn’t taken my wheelchair along with me, and I haven’t intended to visit anybody, as I haven’t done it after a stage, and they are our relatives we seldom visited. And above all, this is a period to better stay away, as my intention had been only traveling, it doesn’t matter anyway. We traveled on roads that we rode many times in the earlier days, brought me a nostalgic feel, and make feel wonder looking at the changes that happen everywhere. Some things are unchanged for good to feel relaxed, like the Mamallapuram – Thirukalukundram road with enough greenery and country life. 

I couldn’t see things around me after some time, as we spent a lot of time at Mamallapuram and it being our ancestral town we have many relatives there and when we move out of the town it turned evening and quickly get into the dark to block me from many views. After a long time, I come across a railway crossing and waiting some time for a couple of trains to pass, and it was a joy I long missed because many places I have traveled had flyovers and subways to move at swift. I took photos of things that I find interesting, and many of them were sky shots that I could share sometime later on the blog.

10 comments:

Tom said...

...Jeevan, it's good to hear that you were able to go on this trip.

kestrel said...

Such a colourful picture of Ganesh temple. Glad you managed to get out even if it's just on a long memory filled car ride. just sitting back and looking out is peaceful

Twilight Man said...

I always love to see Hindu Temples because the statues on the roofs and walls are so interesting and colourful.

Destination Infinity said...

The colours of the Temple are quite impressive. Good to know that you are travelling more now :)

Destination Infinity

George said...

I'm glad you were able to get out for a drive, and I hope you will be able to get out more in the days ahead. The temple is definitely colorful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The temple is beautiful, very colorful. I am glad you were able to travel and have a change of scenery. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely temple. And nice for you to get out!

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful and colorful temple photo and so glad you got out ~ wishing you well. namaste ~

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Glad you got out and enjoyed a nice trip. Your photo of the temole is beautiful and very colourful.

Sarala D said...

Nostalgic write-up, though I haven't visited that area. Nice picture. It is a need to breathe outside for some time since we are all confined within the walls of our residences.