Sunday, July 04, 2021

Mango Season

The mango season had almost come to an end, and the mango tree in the house opposite us had stopped bearing mangoes. This year’s mango season was fantastic all over the state and witnessed a solid yield, unlike the previous year, where the tree opposite us had only a couple of mangoes.

This year the tree had a significant yield, but except few mangoes harvested by the owners, most of them were eaten by parakeets and bats. It was a kind of acrobatic show to see the parakeets relish the mangoes in whatever position they are comfortable with. The bats only come at night, so we could not see them except the rustling of leaves.

I have a series of photos of the parakeets piercing the mangoes hanging from the tree, but I haven't uploaded the images to the laptop, so perhaps I would do it later. As of now, I share some photos of hanging mangoes from 2019 and some from 2021.


Our relatives shared enough mangoes this time, apart from dad’s purchase from the shop; we had mangoes almost every day, but as a diabetic patient, I limit myself to a small slice. Mom and dad too take in limits, and we take it along with the lunch as its effect against diabetes seems less.

FYI, I have shifted my email subscribe platform from Feedburner to follow.it, so if you have subscribed already, please accept the change, or if I missed adding you or you want to subscribe, please carry on with it from the side column in my blog. Thank you

8 comments:

Bill said...

I can't eat mangoes but I know people who love them. Have a wonderful week, Jeevan.

Tom said...

...mangoes are a treat that I rare have.

Nancy Chan said...

We love mangoes and we have ate quite a lot of mangoes this season. We can still find mangoes being sold in the fruit shops and most of them are imported mangoes. Very nice and sweet but not cheap.

carol l mckenna said...

Love mangoes ~ glad there was an abundant crop of them ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

mun said...

I love to eat mangoes but like you say, mangoes have a lot of fructose so must eat in moderation so that blood sugar doesn't go up too much. Can see from your photo, the tree has so many mangoes. A very good harvest.

Twilight Man said...

I love to eat mangoes like crazy! Usually I would buy many varieties imported from Thailand because they are cheaper. Do you know that Indian Mangoes are prized fruits and very expensive in overseas? They are exported to many countries including Malaysia up to US and Canada! Indian Mangoes are very huge and very sweet with thick flesh. Yummy!!

kestrel said...

Mangoes are one of my favourite fruits in addition to durians and mangosteens. I am really lucky and can eat one big mango at a time with no effects. We have that type of mangoes in your pixs here too. It is also commonly grown in our gardens, but over here our monkeys eat them before they get ripe so we have the same problem as your neighbour - we plant fruit trees to feed nature's own which is also commendable as we have encroach so much into their land.

L. D. said...

I like eating mango. They are an unusual fruit on the tree.