Monday, August 30, 2021

Course Completed!

I completed the 2 doses of vaccination on Saturday after 92 days of 1st dose. 

My parent completed the course of vaccination (with Covishield/AstraZeneca) before I took the 1st dose, and the time period for them then was 45 days. But when I took it, the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) extended the time between the 1st and 2nd doses of the vaccine to 90 days. I think this extension was to make the vaccine available for many, for at least one dose, to keep away from the seriousness of covid.  


For my 1st dose, I visited the nearest vaccination center, and that time it was a total lockdown so accessing the wheelchair wasn't difficult through the empty main roads. Now, the city bumped back to its array of traffic, and steering the wheelchair wouldn't be smooth, but I was in intend of visiting the center if there aren't any options.  


During my 1st dose, I saw the doctors and nurses at the vaccination center getting ready for home vaccination for elders and differently able as soon vaccinated me, as I was the last one to take a vaccine that day. And that was the day home vaccination was launched by the state government to facilitate those who couldn't access the center. So this time, I utilized the facility, and even before we enquired and two days to my 2nd vaccine, guys in two-wheeler came announcing in a megaphone that they would come home-to-home as a special vaccine camp (on Thursday 26 Aug) and the one who doesn't take can take. 


I waited, with a sigh of relief, and I waited the whole day, but there wasn't a sign of vaccination. 


The next day dad went to enquire about the home vaccination drive, and at the center, told there wasn't a home-to-home vaccination camp, and for me, they agree to come home if we arrange transportation. So upon this, dad took my cousin in our car and picked up the nurse from the center, and after vaccinated me (with Covishield/AstraZeneca), dropped her back. The nurse brought one dose for me after being vaccinated for 9 others as one vial of vaccine is injected to 10 people, and once open, it needs to be fully used within four hours. 


Same as the 1st dose, the vaccination went smooth, and I didn't experience any unusual health beyond 48 hours now except for a sore arm. My cardiologist advised drinking plenty of water for 1st dose prescribed blood thinner for a week for the 2nd dose, perhaps because the doctor might want to be cautious. Our state has gone to nill restrictions now, and more liberty with social activities, there's a great chance for a surge in cases and vaccination being the only solution, I'm glad to complete the course to feel secure. But, still being cautious is more than enough. 

10 comments:

kestrel said...

YEAH, second dose done and you ll be much safer Jeevan. We can still get the infection but we will probably have a less severe illness. Sorry to hear you waited patiently but the home vax did not arrive. It was good your family managed to get the nurse to your home. Follow doctors orders to be safe and I hope we can all battle this virus with strength.

Tom said...

...wonderful news, stay safe!

Nux V said...

congrats on your vaccination. I just got my first dose (pfizer) on 26 Aug in a vaccination center nearby my house. As expected, I got sore arm and fever after that.

carol l mckenna said...

Bravo to you and the team to get your second shot ~ namaste ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

ashok said...

Good...but even after complete vaccination pls stay safe.

Nancy Chan said...

Good that you have completed the 2 doses. Don't take chances. Always be cautious and observe safety measures to protect self and others.

Twilight Man said...

Good that you have taken 2 jabs. I hope we don't need a 3rd one. Take care and wear masks!

SGRMSE. said...

congrats on being fully vaccinated! i've just made my way over to your blog today—i think it's fantastic that you live in india(!) i'm so keen to be reading all about your life (and experiences) living in your country (and this really is why i love blogging so much). keep on keeping on, jeevan!

mun said...

Congrats on completing both doses of AZ. It is good that can arrange for vaccination in the home. Stay safe! 🙏

Libby said...

Congrats on completing your full vaccination. Stay safe!