Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Omicron Vulnerability?

Omicron is spreading at an incredible pace in India, and the trial for Omicron has stopped here as most of the cases are the same. The possibility of catching the virus has become a no issue as I guess most of the cases of mild fever or cough and cold should be Omicron, including myself. It began with a throat cramp, improved with cold symptoms, and mild fever. After medication - 3 days of antibiotics and cold medicine, I have improved to the point where I can type this post on my laptop. Perhaps, the mild symptoms of Omicron and 2 doses of vaccine help fight this stage.

First, my brother experienced the same few days early as mine, and now, my aunt also faces the same. It stops me from doing anything that I'm interested in rather than watching tv and listening to music since tired or annoyed by the cold symptoms. I skipped two days off of regular physiotherapy. I keep checking with the oximeter that reads normal, and the temperature is too normal to keep away the anxiety.

Though I know Omicron isn't life-threatening for those who took the vaccine and even unvaccinated face any serious issue or go to ventilation condition, the weaker immunity as mine has to be cautious. Our state Tamil Nadu has gone on night and Sunday lockdowns as cases grow as 2 thousand per day, and further restricting or relaxing depends on the increase or decrease of the virus spread. But hopefully, it looks like at the speed of rising, it perhaps falls short and disappears quickly from the society. 

With two years of experience related to Covid, we should be well aware of the reasons for that and adapt to the new lifestyle, which is already 2 years old.  But I am still annoyed hearing that some people haven't taken a dose of vaccine and fall into the custom of masking their jaws. For example, our servant maid doesn't wear the mask properly - at least she took the vaccine. And because of that, my mother wears a mask whenever she enters the kitchen. 

I hope you all are safe and following the covid protocol to prevent being affected.

Take care

10 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

These are difficult times, indeed. Safety and hygiene above all else. And, definitely those masks, as you said.

Bill said...

The infections are increasing here but lots of them are the unvaccinated people. All we can do is wear our masks and make sure we follow the requirements. Stay safe!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh I do hope you are safe and well ~ namaste ~


Wishing you happy times,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor

Rose said...

I hope you feel completely better soon.

Nux V said...

glad to hear that u have recovered. Yes, getting vaccinated is as important as keeping a good hygiene. Over here in Malaysia, we are in progress of taking the booster jab.

Nancy Chan said...

Some people are just taking this virus casually. Hope the virus will get weaker in time and it will just be like a normal cold virus.

George said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, but I hope you are now better. Omicron has been rapidly speading over here as well.

ashok said...

You will be fine Jeevan. Stay safe and eat healthy...

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan,
It is the same here with Omicron spreading, high number of cases everywhere. I hope you take care and stay safe.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan,
Take care and stay safe! Omicron is very contagious.
I wish you a great day and happy new week!