Monday, January 31, 2022

Update

It was like yesterday, we welcomed a new year, but we had already come to the end of a month of the year. January, a month to be refreshing and cheering up following the Tamil festival and cool weather, had become a month of great exhaustion, and on the other hand, the cool weather had come worsening the state while one is ill.

More than a week has passed since I touched the laptop. My health took a setback with fever, abdominal infection, and loose motion dragging me out of the course of regular activities. To put it simply, I'm not a person who takes afternoon naps, but all these days I was forced to take it with exhaustion and from sleepiness nights. My fatigue almost went to a state of IV therapy, but I didn't go that far and managed with ORS and chyme to sustain against the heavy dose of antibiotics. And I can understand the seriousness of the infection from the gripping pain in the abdomen. 

Now, after completing the course of medication, I'm slowly coming out of nausea and tracing back to normalcy. The past week was quite difficult for us, and I had trouble attending the restroom more times; the worst phase was at night, with no one to help mom and dad. I never faced a situation like this and am still reclaiming my previous condition and hopefully will do so soon as I  plan a short trip before the winter season closes. 

The covid doesn't seem to be an issue these days, except the consoling fact that many people wear the mask in public, either due to awareness or fear of paying fines. The govt. to comes to slack mood or deliberately doing so because of emerging local body election, despite the omicron at peak, many people move along with the symptoms of same but untested. Covid almost added to the norm, and the only thing we have to do is keep the system running smoothly until some changes occur. 

We are living at the best and worst at the same time. The worst is undoubtedly the deadliest covid, a tremor that keeps shaking the entire earth and killing millions, and the best is that we came up with a vaccine that quickly, and ever in history, to shield the people from the spikes of covid. I can't imagine a situation now without the vaccine; what a great source of life our scientists found, and many still hesitate to take, and some skip the second dose while the booster began. I wish everyone joins this war to break the chain that confines us in the embrace of covid.

I hope you all are safe and progressive.

13 comments:

Bill said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you get well soon. Take care, Jeevan.

Destination Infinity said...

Hope u recover fully soon.. keep up the high spirits.

Destination Infinity

Ponniyinselvan/karthikeyan(1981-2005 ) said...

Jeevan I too was not well and suffered (suffering still) with high sugar trouble and been to hospital etc.

Tom said...

...I hope that you will be feeling better soon. I need an afternoon nap now and then.

George said...

I hope you are soon feeling better.

Rose said...

I hate that you have been so sick...I hope you feel completely normal soon.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan,:=) I'm so sorry to learn of your health issues. I hope you feel better soon.
All the best wishes for your complete recovery.

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you hear you are healing ~ be gentle with your self ~ Xo

Wishing you love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy Chan said...

Sorry about your health issue. Good to know that you are on the road to recovery. Hope to see the end of the pandemic.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan,
I am sorry you have not been well. I hope you feel better soon.
Take care and stay safe. Have a great day!

kestrel said...

My prayers to a speedy recovery and I am sure you will feel much much better. Looks like the worse is over and brighter days ahead. Looking forward to your happy blogs again Jeevan and reading all about life around you.

L. D. said...

I am glad you are better. That you had antibiotics was so great. Take care my friend.

Twilight Man said...

Oh dear. I hope you have recovered by this time of my writing. I can understand the ordeal of sleepless nights after staying in 3 hospitals. Many people have bacteria in their guts and caused abdominal issues like yours. Get well doon