Monday, September 06, 2021

RGB Monday

The Grand Sweets in the neighborhood is one of my favorite restaurants where I tasted crispy dosa and puri once in a while. After the shut down of my favorite restaurant in Chennai - The Woodlands drive-in - in 2010, it transformed into a botanical garden; I had no opportunity to eat at a restaurant until the grand sweet opens its branch in the neighborhood. 

Not all restaurants are wheelchair friendly, and The Grand Sweets isn't an exception, but at least they allow us to eat from the parked car, and when they served from their own plates, it's hot and crispy to causes a desire to eat, which is missed in the parcel. I usually try this restaurant on Sundays, when there is less traffic on the road and space for parking along with the restaurant. 

After the pandemic begins, they allow only for parcels; though it isn't a matter now as I almost avoided going out rather for a short evening walk on Sundays, I miss the flavor. The last I went to the restaurant was for a coffee in perhaps 2019, and I remember it now when I come around a few shots on the restaurant when looking for images to share for RGB Monday. 

There's a textile showroom on top of the restaurant that caught my attention once, showcased colorful sarees on an array. They also have two mannequins wrapped in sarees, and the showroom has a glistening view.

9 comments:

mun said...

Good that they served customers to eat in parked cars before pandemic. Now pandemic, many shops here also only serve by parcels.

carol l mckenna said...

Great post and photos ~ glad you have a place to go to eat now ~ Xo namaste ~

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tom said...

...I haven't eaten in a restaurant since the pandemic started. The colors of the sarees are beautiful.

L. D. said...

That is great you can get served at the car. I like you colors of cloth hanging in the window.

kestrel said...

You know I miss puri very much. It is hard to find a nice fluffy one that is not oily. We eat puri here with chickpea curry, ohhh... I have to go and get some take away puri this week. I am not so much into dosa, we call it thosai here but I love rava thosai. I am surprised they serve food in cars, we don't have such service here but it is an excellent idea.

Nancy Chan said...

Even though some states have allowed for dine-in in the eateries, many eateries dare not take the risk because of the high number of cases. Some food are only nice when eaten fresh but not as nice when taken away. I like thin crispy dosa and only good to eat when they are freshly made.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan,

It looks like a nice place, and good idea to let you eat their tasty food in a parked car. I haven't eaten in a restaurant since the pandemic started
Stay well and safe.

Nux V said...

seems like quite happening there...clothing shops and restaurants are opened for business! i wouldn't mind dining in the car with hot/warm food served on plates.

Twilight Man said...

Japan is the best country where they have good accessibilities for less abled people and wheelchair bounds, everywhere! My country is slowly imposing rules for new developments to be user friendly for all.

The sarees are always colourful and vibrant.