Saturday, September 18, 2021

In curious to fly

I hope you guys remember the post - a crow nest, with a chick in a widely open mouth peeking out the same - from a few weeks back? I thought there were two chicks in the nest as my cousin saw two eggs in the nest before it hatched had only survived by one. As a juvenile, the crow grew faster and saw it sitting above the nest often, flapping its wings, like someone practicing to fly, jumped out of the nest suddenly last week.

(Image from an early post)

I was indifferent in capturing the bird when it came out of the nest in the thought of where it's going to go that sooner left me in empty hands. The bird seems to fail to learn the instinct of birds, jumped out of the nest in sheer curious to fly than growing its ability to fly.

I guess it's the nature of juveniles, of any kind, to become curious about things unknown fully and in curiosity get into trouble like this crow that leap out the nest before learn to fly quite. 

The juvenile jumped off the nest, landed on the road - the crows built the nest on a branch of a rain tree that extended to the middle of the road - and glad there wasn't a vehicle passing on the road that time, so it was to end mess. After its various attempt to fly failed; One of the neighbors picked up the bird and left it on the other side of the compound wall of the neighbor's garden on the opposite side to us prevent it got rid of vehicles or prey to stray dogs. 

That was the last I saw the juvenile crow. I was least happy the crow would be safe inside the neighbor's garden, but it lasted only until morning - when the gardeners who came to water the plants left the crow along the roadside just outside the home. It was early morning when this took place, so it was my aunt who told me this. She didn't notice where the bird went later, as she got busy with the day.  

I  hope the juvenile is safe; and learn to fly, to at least safeguard itself. 

11 comments:

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan,:=) This is rather a sad tale, because we will never know what happened to the young Crow. Like you I hope it's safe somewhere, and learnt to fly.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Cute photo, the baby crow is looking for food. I hope the juvenile crow was learning to manage on it's own. The babies must grow up and learn to take care of themselves. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm sure it will get along fine. How neat to watch the nest!

mun said...

Oh no, what a sad tale without knowing what happened to the juvenile. Such is life where nature has its way.

ashok said...

Oh no..that's life! Just let's hope it is survived somehow..

Tom said...

...growing up can be difficult.

Bill said...

I hope it survived being so young.

SGRMSE. said...

SO COOL that you've managed to witness this! i've never actually had the good fortune of seeing baby birds all chirping and warm in their nest but i have seen bird eggshells on the ground and empty nests.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photo of our 'feathered friends' ~ Namaste ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

kestrel said...

That was a well timed picture of a hungry baby crow opening its beak wide for food, worms maybe? It is amazing that animals fend for themselves so early in life, some even immediately after birth. I do hope this little one learns to fly and lives a full life and starts another generation of crows.

Nancy Chan said...

I too hope the little chick will be fine and strong enough to fly off by itself. A few times, I have seen little chicks learning to fly in my garden. I have to quickly tie up my dog to prevent the dog harming them. This is the risk they have to take.